So...like...it´s cool to chill out in Huanchoco!


Wish I could surf, man. I mean it looks soooo cool to ride the waves, particularly at sunset when you become nothing but a blazing silouhette against the colourful sky. Yep, I wish I could surf. Alas, I pretty much hate being in the water.

For the past couple of days I´ve been chilling out in the surfing community of Huanchoco (12m from Trujillo) where the vibe is sweet and and the surf is always UP. There are numerous schools which provide lessons for the novice surfer but I can´t be bothered to learn. I mean, why on earth would I like to become shark bait!

It´s quite safe to walk the streets here, even at night(!!), and I´ve managed to go jogging a couple of times with my iPod safely. There´s a vegetarian restaurant run by a Dutch fellow on the coastal road called Otra Cosa which bakes its own brown bread and serves coffee stronger than Starbuck´s. I dined with a Dutch couple I met while touring Chan Chan the first 2 nights as they are staying in town as well. Other than that though it´s been just me, my tunes, the sound of the sea and...barking dogs!!

Oh I almost forgot. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Let´s see...I am thankful for...

Life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overlanding in Namibia Part III

Overlanding in Namibia Part II

In the footsteps of the Incas - Part I