Cape Town - Take Two!
Cape Town, South Africa (April 8-12) Double dipping in Cape Town...sort of. I mean I came back to tick a few more things off the requisite list of activities one should do here, such as visit the notorious Robben Island Prison where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for the majority of his 27-year sentence as well as hike up Table Mountain (1084m). April 9 (Monday) - Robben Island It is advisable to book ahead a ticket to Robben Island for it is a popular tourist attraction and the number of visitors is limited according to space on the boats which do the crossing four times daily (at 9, 11, 1 and 3). Tickets are a bit hefty at 230 rand but this maximum security island prison looms so large in the history not only of Cape Town but South Africa as a nation that the high price tag is rather a moot point. It takes about a half hour to reach the island but the time flew for me as I got to talking to a friendly couple from Johannesburg named Calvin and Josina who grew up in the towns...

Comments
Post a Comment